Ask Victoria: Why is Israel the most pro-abortion country in the world?

Why is Israel the most pro-abortion country in the world?

Why is Israel the most pro-abortion country in the world?Abortion is a very sad issue and creates diverse opinions among the people of Israel in the same way it does in America. Americans remain divided on the abortion issue, with 47% of U.S. adults describing their views as “pro-choice” and 46% as “pro-life,” according to a May 2014 Gallup Poll.

In America, proponents of abortion also consider themselves to be liberal or progressive Christians and so it is in Israel, many liberal Jews side with pro-choice agendas. Since you mention Israel in your question, I need to clarify that roughly 75% of the Israeli population are Jewish and the remaining 25% are mostly Arab. So Jews, Arab Christians and Arab Muslims are included in the following statistic; According to statistics described in Johnston’s archive, 2014, 10.1 out 1,000 births in Israel ended in termination compared to 22.9 out of 1,000 births in the US and 68.4 out of 1,000 births in Russia as reported by Alan Guttmacher Institute that same year.

Even though many people correlate being Jewish to being religious or believing in God the reality is a “Jew“ is an ethnic association. Like an American is from America, a Jew is from ancient Judea, known now as modern Israel. Practicing Judaism, however s a religion that 80% of Israeli Jews purport to be practicing leaving 20% of Israeli Jews claiming to be agnostic or atheist. These statistics do not factor in agnostic or Muslim Arabs.

‪What I think you may be inferring in your question pertains to the fact that Israel is considered to be the most liberal in state assistance of abortion. Even though Israel is the only country that uses a committee to decide if a woman can get an abortion based on various parameters and criteria, the state of Israel pays for 100% of all those approved abortions.

The truth is, the vast majority of Jews value life. Abortion is the tactic of the enemy—he comes only to kill, steal and destroy.

Let us all pray for the unborn in Israel, in our own county, and around the world. May those that call upon the Name of the Lord hear the cry of the Spirit.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *